Thursday, February 17, 2011

~Chapter 10 Teaser~




The only sound around us came from the crashing of the waves a few feet away while I tried to process everything she had just told me. “Wow, Bella. I’m just… I’m so sorry.”

She shrugged and leaned back against a pillar we had sat down in front of, then let out a loud sigh, “And that is the enhanced version of Bella 101. Fun, right? Everything you thought it would be?”

“I’m glad you finally gave me a short lesson. You may not want to hear it, but it helps. I understand you a little bit more now, I mean.”

She shrugged again, and closed her eyes, taking another deep breath in, and exhaling slowly. I could tell she was thinking in overdrive because of the way her eye lids were fluttering in the shadows here, under the pier.

I extended my arm out to pull her up against me, and pressed her head against my chest while I smoothed her hair back behind her. I held her close to me while I tried to figure out what my next words should be to her.

She’d finally opened up and let me in, and now I felt like a deer caught in headlights, too terrified to say the wrong thing.

I cleared my throat carefully, and took in a deep breath, “Bella, not every man in the world is a total fuckwad only looking to get laid,” I whispered softly, hoping she’d believe my words, because they were the honest truth.

I knew they were the truth because I wanted to be that man for her.




No comments:

Post a Comment